“I hate to hear you talk about all women as if they were fine ladies instead of rational creatures. None of us want to be in calm waters all our lives.” -Jane Austin, Persuasions

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Sense of Propriety

Yes I realize that most 'normal' teens do not read books written by someone who lived in the 18th century. But then again most teenage girls do not call their parents on the phone and tell them to 'make haste'. 
          Actually it was not but last week when I was grounded from reading any Jane Austen novels because I ran into the drawing room (living room) crying "Make haste, make haste," and when asked what had aroused such an outcry I answered with, "I am simply vexed by the lack of propriety in this modern era of society." So now I must learn how to speak in modern English once again which has no appeal to me. Why would you want to use words like 'swag' and 'legit' when you can use much more elegant and sophisticated words? 
        I honestly can not tell you. 






       
         

No comments:

Post a Comment