“I hate to hear you talk about all women as if they were fine ladies instead of rational creatures. None of us want to be in calm waters all our lives.” -Jane Austin, Persuasions

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dresses and Lace

         This weekend was simply vexing for me. Everyone seemed to be in ill humor and lacking in wits. There were numerous occasions in which I had to defend my dignity and honor or the character of others. It made me think about how all to many of us tend to believe whatever crosses our path. It is sad to say that most of these rumors we do hear tend to be far from the truth and most always to more harm than good. (And on top of it all I had no internet so I couldn't even visit my favorite blogs!) To get my mind off of the trials around me I decided I was going to go on an adventure. My journey is to be one into the fashion and style of Regancy clothing. My mother and I did quite a bit of researching I settled on the material in which I am to make it. However, I still cannot settle on the particular style of my dress.




I'm torn between styling it after this gown.



And this dress.

Oh discisions decisions. (And yes I am very much addicted the Pride and Prejudice costumes....) 

No comments:

Post a Comment